Quality Assurance at KUG
Managing quality to achieve your own targets
KUG has a many-layered quality management by now. Characteristic for KUG is the systematic linking of quality issues with strategic targets. This implies that quality is created by achieving the goals set by the university itself and that it is judged on them. The idea behind is to prevent quality assurance instruments from leading an independent life uncoupled from other actions. Eight general quality targets valid for all of KUG and their translation into practice form the basis of our quality management:
- excellent internationally recognizable arts-based research of artists
- excellent internationally recognizable scientific research of scientists
- social relevance of university-funded arts-based research
- training of internationally competitive young talents as independent personalities in art
- training of internationally competitive young talents in science
- efficient and quality-oriented application of limited resources
- use of creativity and potential of both sexes in teaching, arts-based research and research
- motivated and competent staff members who busy themselves with the altered requirements in teaching, arts-based research and research and who live up with these expectations
Seven in eight targets have been made concrete by now and five were subject to quality conferences held for teaching (in December 2009 and in June and December 2010), for research (in May 2010) and for arts-based research (in April 2011).
Im Folgenden finden Sie die Ziele mit Konkretisierungen: (Zugänglich nur nach Login)
In quality conferences the members of the artistic/scientific staff of KUG regularly debate on the ways how quality objectives are achieved, on their contribution, and on improvement potentials with regard to guidance, regulations and procedures. In all fields this initial question, “what do we do to achieve this goal, and how do we do it?”, clears the view to one’s own professional activity and the self-defined requirements on quality of work at KUG. In this form the quality conferences brought to light numerous suggestions for improvement. For their realization not only the agreements on objectives of the artistic/scientific units but also the projects with administration and service departments are provided.
Quality Management in Administration and Service Departments
Basically, all activities in administration and in the service departments are not autotelic but serve to support the core processes (teaching, arts-based research, research) and guidance processes of KUG.
The additionally defined quality objectives of the quality management system of administration and the service departments follow these mission statements:
- satisfaction of stakeholders and service orientation
- defined service level
- efficient use of resources
- permanent audits and adaptation of processes to current requirements and innovations of processes
- leadership skills
For administration and service departments the quality and innovation circle (QIZ) 2010/11 developed a quality management system. Here, too, regular quality meetings, workshops and service meetings are held to assess the progress of quality orientation in the procedures and processes and to determine the effects on artistic/scientific units and services.
For relevant information about quality management in administration please see the following section (login required):
Im Folgenden finden Sie relevante Unterlagen zum Qualitätsmanagement im administrativen Bereich (nur zugänglich nach Login):
About the University
"About the University" - Facilties
- Rector’s Office
- Public Relations Department
- Department of International Relations
- Department of Evaluation, Quality Assurance and Reporting (in particular Intellectual Capital Statement)
- Society of Friends of KUG
- PRIORES - Klub der ehemals Studierenden, Absolventinnen und Absolventen der Kunstuniversität Graz