Requirements for the participation in the entrance exam at the FH JOANNEUM:
• German and English are languages of instruction; therefore a proof of sufficient knowledge of these languages is required. Sufficient knowledge of the languages will be determined during the entrance exam. If sufficient knowledge can not be determined here, but all other requirements have been fulfilled, a supplementary examination (Level B2/CEFR) is required.
See also infobox for the required German language competency for studies at application/admission!
• Completion of a relevant equivalent Bachelor's Degree* (or a comparable Degree) at a recognized post-secondary educational institution, e.g. "Information Design", "Exhibition Design", "Industrial Design" as well as "Communication-Media and Interaction Design" at FHJ or Degree Programmes at technical universities or universities of the arts in the field of Design, Acoustics, Sound Engineer, Electrical Engineering and Audio Engineering, Composition, Music, Architecture or related fields of study.
* In case it is unclear if the admission requirements are met the head of the Degree Programme at the FH JOANNEUM will decide whether the application can be considered or not. A final decision will be made after the submission of your complete application. The head of the Degree Programme also decides, if you have to attend any additional workshops, exercises and courses in the 1st and 2nd semester.
Procedure of the entrance exam at the FH JOANNEUM:
• Complete application (more information can be found here)
• Online portfolio (more information can be found here)
• Personal interview with the admission committee (more information can be found here)
• Assessment of previous qualifications / practical professional experience
After passing the entrance exam and doing the enrolment you will be admitted at both institutions, at the FHJ as well as at the KUG, as a regular student with all rights and obligations as specified in "FHStG" and "UG".
Please mind: After the enrolment at the FH JOANNEUM do not forget to do the online application at KUG, so that we also have your data, and then please come personally in the Registrar´s Office of KUG (Palais Meran, Leonhardstraße 15, 8010 Graz, ground floor) with your relevant documents and your valid photo ID to complete your enrolment and receive your KUGcard (student ID card). See also "First steps to becoming a student"!
Also note: Basically the student union fee has to be paid only once. If you have paid it twice, once at FHJ and once at KUG (unfortunately this multiple payment for concurrent enrolment at a university and a FH is necessary in advance due to technical reasons), you can apply for a refund. Information can be found here.
Any questions or comments? This page is edited by the Welcome Center of the University of Music and Performing Arts Graz.