Searching for a Doctor
Hint: Please consider in any case to take out your health insurance and inform yourself in time about the benefits that your state or private health insurance would take over.
Also note that the cost of treatment is partly or even entirely self-evident when choosing an elective or private physician.
Searching for Pharmacies
Hint: In Austrian pharmacies you can get prescription as well as over-the-counter medicines. Doctors must prescribe certain medications (prescription charge!) that can be purchased in a pharmacy by means of the issued prescription.
Over-the-counter medicines are available directly at the pharmacy.
Emergency Phone Numbers
- Fire brigade 122
- Police 133
- Ambulance 144
- Europe-wide Emergency Number 112
- “Ärztenotdienst” (Doctors Emergency Service) Graz 141
- “Gesundheitstelefon” (Health Care Call) 1450
- “Apotheken-Ruf” (Pharmacies Call) 1455
- “Vergiftungsinformationszentrale“ (Central for Intoxication) 01/406 43 43
- “Bergrettung“ (Mountain Rescue): 140
- ”Ö3-Kummernummer“ (hotline when having emotional troubles) 116 123
- Coronavirus Hotline AGES 0800 555 621 (dial 1450 if you have symptoms!)
Please take your e-card and an ID (if initial visit) with you to every visit to the doctor!
For a consultation with a medical specialist usually a referral letter is required, which is issued by general practitioners.
Any questions or comments? This page is edited by the Welcome Center of the University of Music and Performing Arts Graz.