Required German language competency at application/admission
>>> Learn more
German language course at VGUH
In case you need to take a supplementary exam to prove that you have sufficient knowledge of the German language, in order to be allowed to continue your studies, you should definitely prepare yourself by taking a supplementary language course at the University Preparation Programme Graz (so-called "VGUH")!
Hint: The VGUH does not offer A1 / A2 exams!
Further German language courses for students and university employees are offered by Treffpunkt Sprachen. These courses are especially recommended for all those who are not required to take a supplementary exam to prove sufficient knowledge of the German language (e.g. ERASMUS incoming students). In certain cases (e.g. ERASMUS incoming students) a part of the costs of taking these courses will be refunded after the submission of a proof of participation. If this applies to you, please enquire at the International Office (IO). This has to be done before you start the course.
In case you need to take a supplementary exam in the course of your studies to prove sufficient knowledge of the German language, you can attend these courses in addition to the German language course of the VGUH, or you can attend these courses, in order to intensify your language competency even after you have already passed the supplementary exam.
- "Österreichisches Sprachdiplom Deutsch" (ÖSD exam)*
- Goethe Certificate*
- "Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang" (DSH)*
- "Deutsches Sprachdiplom der Kulturministerkonferenz" (DSD)*
https://www.kmk.org/themen/deutsches-sprachdiplom-dsd.html (only for taking the exam)
- "Österreichischer Integrationsfonds" (ÖIF)*
- Graduation of 8 school years at a German-speaking school
- 4 years of German lessons in secondary level II (“Sekundarstufe II”) and a school leaving certificate (“Matura”) in the school subject German
- School leaving certificate (“Matura”) which was examined in German language
- Academic degree of a degree programme with German language as language of instruction
* Must not be older than 2 years
Any questions or comments? This page is edited by the Welcome Center of the University of Music and Performing Arts Graz.